Skills acquired in this master program
- Train in Economic theory, especially in the areas of microeconomics, industrial economics, information economics, game theory and strategic behavior
- Master the fundamentals of competition law and its sources
- Understand theory and models of regulation and in particular the basic regulatory framework of the main industrial sectors
- Present cases in public, developing specific skills for discussion and arguments from different points of view
- Write technical reports based on the combination of real data analysis, analysis of relevant economic literature and its own criteria
- Formalize theory (using game theory or economic theory models) discussions on competition policy.
Course offerings and syllabus
Regulation and Competition Seminar Series
- Graduates in Economics or Business with a strong interest in microeconomics
- Graduates in Engineering who need a solid basis in economics and the functions of markets and organizations in a variety of industries
- Junior consultants seeking in-depth training in competition and market regulation policies
- Researchers at antitrust authorities looking for advanced techniques and tools
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a rigorous economic master program
- International economic consultancies
- Competition authorities
- Research Institutes
Program details and structure
Language of instruction: English
Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
Tuition for all Barcelona GSE master programs for Academic Year 2013-14 is 12.000 €. Fees are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
Campus: Ciutadella (UPF)
Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
All Barcelona GSE master degrees have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorithies within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Full program description
Scholarships for Latin American and Portuguese Students
In addition to the scholarships available for all Barcelona GSE master programs, the Fundación Carolina offers two scholarships specifically for Competition and Market Regulation students. To be eligible for these awards, you must:
- be a citizen of one of the Iberoamerican Community of Nations (except Spain)
- not be a resident of Spain
Each of these scholarships pays 10,500 € of the program tuition, round-trip tourist class airfare from the student’s country of residence, and medical insurance for the duration of the scholarship. Applicants are reminded that they must complete separate applications to the Barcelona GSE and the Fundación Carolina.