Three official meetings for Barcelona GSE alumni took place in Germany this February in Berlin, Frankfurt, and Munich. Some 35 graduates who are working or completing PhD work in these cities participated in the meetings.
Like the first official off-campus alumni meeting, which took place in London last December, the objective of the Germany meetings was to bring together as many Barcelona GSE alumni as possible for a casual networking opportunity with fellow graduates across all programs and class years.
The GSE alumni community includes around 108 Germans (14% of the total number of GSE alumni), many of whom are also working or studying in other countries. Germans are one of the most represented nationalities in the GSE student body every year.
What are GSE alumni doing in Germany?
Like their colleagues in London, alumni based in Germany are engaged in a variety of activities. They are working as economists, analysts and consultants at major banks and firms; conducting research and PhD study at academic institutions; and interning with non-profit organizations.
With an ever-expanding alumni community abroad, the Placement Office has been in touch with alumni volunteers who will serve as representatives for all alumni in the following locations:
- Célia Berkouk (Competition and Market Regulation '11)
- Niels Schlesier (Economics of Science and Innovation '11)
- Max Simontowitz (Economics '12)
- Max van Laer (International Trade, Finance and Development '11)
- Simon Zehetmayer (International Trade, Finance and Development '11)
- Peter Zorn (Economics '11)
- Roberto Alimonti (Competition and Market Regulation '11)
- Niels Krieghoff (Economics '08)
- Acacia Reiche (Economics of Science and Innovation '08)
Alumni who are interested in serving as ambassadors can contact the placement office for more information.
Where in Germany are GSE alumni currently working?
- Adelphi Research
- AT Kerney
- Brunswick Group
- Centre for European Economic Research
- Deloitte and Touche CIS
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht
- ERM (Environmental Resources Management)
- European Central Bank
- Fraunhofer EMFT
- LFS Consulting
- MAS Angel Fund
- Nintendo of Europe GmbH
- Procredit Group
- Trizet AG
- Wuppertal Institute
Where in Germany do GSE alumni pursue PhD study or research?
- Halle Institute for Economic Research
- IFO Institute
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Technical University of Berlin
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Mannheim
- University of Munich
First GSE alumni meeting in Barcelona
After the success of the international meetings in London and Germany, alumni from all 75 countries represented in the community of GSE graduates have been invited to attend the first official meeting for alumni in Barcelona. The meeting will take place on May 11 at the GSE Ciutadella Campus.
The event will be the first one ever organized in Barcelona and is addressed to all GSE graduates from 2007 through 2012. Previous editions from the Economics and Finance programs are also very welcome to attend.
Are you a member of the Barcelona GSE Alumni & Friends group on LinkedIn?
For more information on Alumni events, email the Placement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org