Thanks to the support of its sponsors, the Barcelona GSE is able to offer top students from around the world a variety of scholarship opportunities for the 2010-11 academic year. These included partial and full tuition waivers, as well as programs that include monthly stipends for living expenses or paid internships. All scholarships are awarded based on academic merit.
Competition for all of the Barcelona GSE's scholarship opportunities has increased this year due to a 10% jump in applications as well as the excellent qualifications of the candidates. The variety of geographic, academic and professional backgrounds of the scholarship winners illustrates the diversity of the entire 2010-11 cohort. Here is a sample of their profiles:
- Bachelor in Economics and International Relations, Simmons College, Boston
- Case handler in Network Industries Section, Hungarian Competition Authority
- Master in Financial Economics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Bank Analyst in Financial Markets Division, National Bank of Poland
- Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- Lead Researcher, Hygeia Applied Biotechnology, Rio de Janeiro
- Economist, Bank of Mexico
The list of scholarship sponsors is growing each year. The 2010-11 Barcelona GSE scholarship sponsor list appears below. These partnerships affirm the sponsors’ belief in the high quality of the Barcelona GSE and their vested interest in bringing top students to study in the master programs as part of their corporate social responsibility actions.