A team of leading academics and practitioners will walk you through the latest methods for analyzing competition cases.
The Barcelona GSE Intensive Course on Quantitative Methods for Competition Analysis provides participants (economists, lawyers and practitioners working for firms or in agencies) with a thorough understanding of recent empirical methods to measure market power and competition, with applications to market definition, merger analysis and damages from anticompetitive conduct.
The program’s faculty includes some of the leading academic economists in the area of industrial organization and competition policy, and practitioners with extensive experience on quantitative methods in competition cases.
Download course brochure
PhD, Université Catholique de Louvain
ICREA-UPF and Barcelona GSE
PhD, University of Toronto
University of Leuven
- Review established and recent quantitative methods for competition analysis, with a proper balance between techniques and interpretation also accessible to non-economists.
- Learn about the practical considerations to apply techniques, based on the lessons from various recent cases where quantitative techniques have been applied.
- Learn to interpret and critically evaluate the empirical results from different approaches.
- Develop a good common sense of the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches, and the circumstances under which they are (not) suitable.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the data requirements for applying various techniques.
- Illustrate how to implement merger simulation with standard software (Stata)
Course dates and registration
Next edition: May 10-12, 2017
Register before April 10 to receive a 20% early-bird discount
Apply for this course
Questions? Email the organizers
© Barcelona Graduate School of Economics. All rights reserved.