The goal of this workshop is to discuss recent developments in the study of the interaction between asset prices, finance and macroeconomics.
We encourage submissions of theoretical and empirical papers addressing issues including (but not limited to):
- Sources of asset price fluctuations: fundamentals and bubbles
- Asset prices, financial frictions and the amplification/propagation of shocks
- Interactions between financial and labor-market frictions
- Microeconomic evidence on the effects of asset price changes on firms and households
- Financial regulation and the macroeconomics
- Asset prices and the conduct of monetary and fiscal policy
- Debt overhang and macroeconomic implications of deleveraging
- Dealing with financial crises, domestic responses and international policy coordination
- Vladimir Asriyan (CREI, UPF and Barcelona GSE)
- Andrea Cagesse (UPF and Barcelona GSE)
- Jordi Galí (CREI, UPF and Barcelona GSE)
- Alberto Martín (CREI, UPF and Barcelona GSE)
- Jaume Ventura (CREI, UPF and Barcelona GSE)
Speakers appear in the order in which they presented during the workshop.
- 2016 Edition
- 2015 Edition
This edition was titled, "Workshop on Finance and Macroeconomics."