Skills acquired in this master program
- Deep understanding of economic theory behind macroeconomic models and models of financial markets
- Econometric techniques required for a state-of-theart applied analysis
- Numerical methods and simulation techniques useful in quantitative macroeconomics and in policy design and evaluation
- Ability to write technical and executive reports and the skills to publicly communicate and discuss research work.
Course offerings and syllabus
- Graduates in economics, business administration, and engineering
- Junior practitioners in central banks and public institutions seeking an improvement in their skills and an upgrade of their professional profile
- Prospective PhD students looking for a solid master program in economics
- Research departments in financial institutions
- International institutions and government agencies
- Financial operators in the private sector
Program details and structure
Language of instruction: English
Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
Tuition for all Barcelona GSE master programs for Academic Year 2013-14 is 12.000 €. Fees are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
Campus: Bellaterra (UAB)
Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
All Barcelona GSE master degrees have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorithies within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Full program description