The academic excellence of the Barcelona GSE rests on the talent, enthusiasm, and drive derived from our faculty. A community of over 150 Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors working on Economics, Finance, Data Science, and related areas is drawn from four top-flight academic units:
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) Department of Economics and Business
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) Unit of Economic Analysis
- Institute for Economic Analysis (IAE-CSIC)
- Center for Research in International Economics (CREI)
Our faculty enjoy close working relationships between academic units in teaching and research as well as in the shared use of educational facilities and resources.
All Barcelona GSE Affiliated Professors are involved in the teaching and research activities of the School. In addition to Affiliated Professors, faculty include Guest Professors from other institutions, post-docs and visiting researchers.
Barcelona GSE Research Professors
Joint appointments with the School's academic units to increase the critical mass of top scientists at the Barcelona GSE
Barcelona GSE Focus: Faculty Blog
Barcelona GSE Focus is an online magazine offering research-based analysis and commentary from economists and social scientists in the Barcelona GSE community.Visit Barcelona GSE Focus
The "Economics Trobada" is an annual gathering of Barcelona GSE affiliated professors that marks the beginning of the academic year, introduces new affiliated professors and their work to the research community, and serves as a venue for debate and idea exchange on current Economics issues.
Every year, the Barcelona GSE faculty organize and participate in the Summer Forum, a two-week conference with more than 20 different workshops that attracts top researchers from around the globe to Barcelona to present their latest research and debate the present and future of the frontier of knowledge in Economics.
Economics for impact in society
- Many of our faculty serve in advisory positions in organizations including Bank of Spain, The World Bank, and the European Central Bank, among many others
- Some faculty together with the Chairman of the Barcelona GSE Board, Prof. Ramon Marimon, participate in a European-level project in collaboration with seven other top universities across the continent: A Dynamic Economic and Monetary Union (ADEMU)
- The Barcelona GSE Director, Prof. Teresa Garcia-Milà, has leadership experience in the private sector as a member of the boards of private corporations as well as advisory roles in public administrations at different levels.