Skills acquired in this master program
- Rigorous understanding of the economics of international trade, finance, and development
- Working knowledge of the conceptual tools of modern economics
- Extensive training in basic and advanced econometrics and statistics
- Application to pressing policy issues, including economic stability, sovereign debt problems, and poverty
Course offerings and syllabus
Policy lessons with leading specialists
- Graduates from all fields with a strong quantitative background (e.g. economics, business, engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Junior professionals from private firms, research centers, central banks, financial institutions, the civil service, and NGOs
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a solid foundation in the theory and econometrics of international trade, finance, and growth & development
- Authorities and Government Agencies
- International Organizations
- Research Institutions and Consulting Firms
- Financial Industry
Will this master program prepare me for PhD work?
The master is not meant to be the first year of a PhD program. However, the master does provide an excellent background for students interested in pursuing a PhD later on as the general approach to the theory and econometrics of international trade, finance, and development is the one usually found in PhD programs. In fact, some of our graduates are already pursuing their PhD in prestigious programs in Europe and the United States. Read more about some of our graduates.
Program details and structure
Language of instruction: English
Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
Tuition for all Barcelona GSE master programs for Academic Year 2013-14 is 12.000 €. Fees are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
Campus: Ciutadella (UPF)
Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
All Barcelona GSE master degrees have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorithies within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Full program description