- Graduates from all fields with a strong quantitative background (e.g. economics, business, engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Junior professionals from private firms, research centers, central banks, financial institutions, the civil service, and NGOs
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a solid foundation in the theory and empirics of international trade, finance, and growth & development
- Government Agencies
- International Organizations
- Research Institutions and Consulting Firms
- Financial Industry
Will this master program prepare me for PhD work?
The master provides an excellent background for students interested in pursuing a PhD later on, as the general approach to the theory and empirics of international trade, finance, and development is the one usually found in PhD programs. In fact, some of our graduates are already pursuing their PhD in prestigious programs in Europe and the United States, such as the London School of Economics, Stanford and Harvard. Read more about some of our graduates.
Program details and structure
- Language of instruction: English
- Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
- Tuition: 14,000 €
Fees listed are for the 2014-15 academic year and are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
- Campus: Ciutadella (UPF)
- Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
All programs in the Barcelona GSE Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorities within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Full program description