Skills acquired in this master program
- Thorough understanding of the theory and practice of price formation in financial markets, with applications to equity valuation as well as to the determination of the term structure of interest rates and contingent claim pricing
- Ability to analyze the problems of managing banks and other financial institutions using Economic Theory
- Ability to price and hedge derivatives and complex financial instruments in a dynamic setting applying the tools of Mathematical Finance
- Ability to apply Econometric Analysis to implement asset pricing models and to measure and manage financial risks
- Ability to analyze Corporate Finance problems.
Course offerings and syllabus
Financial Institutions Seminar Series
- Graduates in Business or Economics with a strong interest in Quantitative Finance or Banking
- Graduates in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering who want to pursue a career in Quantitative Finance or Banking
- Researchers and policy makers at Central Banks or Supervisory Authorities
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a rigorous Finance master program.
Minimum academic requirements for the Finance master:
- Solid academic background in mathematics and statistics
- Undergraduate degree with a substantial number of quantitative subjects, or GRE/GMAT to demonstrate quantitative ability
Many students use the Finance program as preparation for entry into competitive PhD programs. Some of them join the Barcelona GSE's doctoral programs (GPEFM at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and IDEA at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona). Others enter top programs elsewhere in Europe or the United States. Read more about GSE alumni doctoral study
- Asset management firms
- Risk Management and Finance Departments of both financial and non-financial firms
- Financial consulting firms
- Central banks
Program details and structure
- Language of instruction: English
- Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
- Tuition: 14,500 €
Fees listed are for the 2015-16 academic year and are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
- Campus: Ciutadella (UPF)
- Degree awarded: Master Degree in Economics and Finance (awarded jointly with UPF)
All programs in the Barcelona GSE Master Degree in Economics and Finance have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorities within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Indicadors de qualitat
Full program description