Master Program Overview
Skills acquired in this master program
- A rigorous understanding of economic theory behind the design and evaluation of public policies.
- Ability to apply state-of-the-art empirical tools to evaluate public policies.
- An understanding of institutional frameworks in which public policies are designed and implemented.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical reports on public policy.
Course offerings and syllabus
- Graduates from business administration, economics and other social sciences (demography, political sciences, sociology) with a quantitative background.
- Professionals from governmental and non-governmental institutions who want to upgrade their skills.
- Aspiring PhD students who want to build a solid foundation.
2012-13 is the first edition of the master program in the Economics of Public Policy. Alumni outlook data will be available in Fall 2013.
Potential employers of program graduates include:
- Public Institutions
- Non-government Organizations (NGOs)
- International Organizations
- Consulting Firms
Program details and structure
- Language of instruction: English
- Structure: 9 months (3 trimesters), full time
- Tuition: 14,500 €
Fees listed are for the 2015-16 academic year and are subject to change for future editions of the master program.
- Campus: Ciutadella (UPF) and Bellaterra (UAB)
- Degree awarded: Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis (awarded jointly with UPF and UAB)
All programs in the Barcelona GSE Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis have been recognized by the Catalan and Spanish Education authorities within the framework of the Bologna Process (in Spanish, “Master Universitario o Master Oficial”).
Full program description